1997: Master of Counseling degree from the University of Phoenix
1997: National Certified Counselor #5089, from the National Board for Certified Counselors
1999: Licensed Professional Counselor #2171 from the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners
2009: Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselor #11871 from the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners
2009: Certified Cognitive-Behavioral Therapist #12615 from the National Association of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapists
- 2007 – 2014 — Clinical Supervisor/Intern Supervisor at the Center for Life Skills Development, LLC, Tucson, AZ. Founded the Sexual Offender Program for the Center and served initially as its Director. Also, served as alternate treatment liaison to the Pima County Superior Court’s Drug Court Program. Collaborated in developing treatment programs in domestic violence, anger management, cognitive skills, and substance abuse.
- 1998 – 2006 — Clinical Director/Manager at Counseling & Consulting Services, Tucson, AZ. Collaborated in developing treatment programs and providing counseling in sexual offense, domestic violence, anger management, and substance abuse. Performed risk assessments for the court and gave testimony concerning the assessment and treatment of offenders. Collaborated in the development of group models and curricula for the Drug Court Treatment Program for Pima County Superior Court, including the Relapse Program. Served as Treatment Liaison for the Pima County Drug Court Program and Community Partnership of Southern Arizona’s Arizona Families First Program. Appeared and interviewed on Nightline telecast about the Pima County Drug Court Program in 1999.
- Sex and Love Addiction: Etiology and Interventions. Sierra Tucson Area Networking Breakfast & CPSA Training Programs
- Initial Stages of a Group. Rehab Counseling Program, University of Arizona, for Dr. Les McAllan
- Denial: How It Looks, Why Offenders Use It, & How We Handle It. Pima County Adult Probation Sexual Offender Unit & Sex Offender Assessment & Rehabilitation (SOAR) treatment providers, Wilmot State Prison.
PERTINENT TRAINING ATTENDED
- Addiction, Thinking Errors, & Recovery, Janet Lee O’Connor, Ed S, LPC, LISAC & Del Worley, MC, LPC, LISAC
- Cognitive-Behavioral Relationship Therapy, Aldo Pucci, Psy D, CNHP
- Cognitive-Behavioral Substance Abuse Treatment, Aldo Pucci, Psy D, CNHP
- Treating Anxiety and Panic: A Cognitive-Behavioral Approach, Aldo Pucci, Psy D, CNHP
- Trans 101: The Brave New World of Gender: A Media Exploration of Gender Variance, Davin Franklin-Hicks and C. Michael Woodward
- Assessing & Treating Compulsive Sexual Behaviors. PESI Training. Brian Zamboni, Ph.D.
- Sexual Compulsivity: Considerations for Working with the Couple. Holly McCarter, M.S., L.P.C.
- The Culture of Domestic Violence: Who to Treat. Arizona Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- The Art of Healthy Relationships. Pia Mellody
- Domestic Violence in the Gay Community. Melita Quanes, from Wingspan Anti-Violence Program.
- The Abusive Personality, Donald Dutton, Ph.D.
- Understanding Craving: Managing the Physiology and Psychology of Compulsive Behaviors, Rick Glantz
- Anger and Rage: Patrick Carnes, Ph.D., Robert Ackerman, Ph.D. and Jerry Diffenbacher, Ph.D.